Being a mum myself, I know only too well how exhausting it can be running around after children all day. You go to bed absolutely shattered and wake up feeling not much better – especially when you lie awake for ages unable to wind down after a busy day, have little ones with night terrors screaming in the middle of the night, or little people creeping into your bed, resulting in little to no sleep for mum!! With Mother’s Day approaching, wouldn’t it be fabulous if you could give mum the most amazing gift ever – yes, the gift of sleep would be superb, and now with the S+ by ResMed it could just be possible! The S+ by ResMed could help mum sleep an extra 45 minutes per night after just one week’s use, and you know what – it actually works!
Basically, the S+ is a highly-advanced sleep tracker, which features patent-protected SleepSensor technology. It makes it possible to track, analyse and improve sleep at home without a wristband, electrodes or mattress strips. You simply put it on your bedside table and it will monitor and track your breathing and movement. Using the free mobile app, you will receive feedback and graphs of when you were in deep, light and REM sleep, how long it took you to get to sleep or when you were awake. The S+ by ResMed records the light, noise and temperature conditions in your bedroom, and has features to help you sleep more easily. It really is a very clever device.
Features of the S+ by ResMed are as follows –
- highly calibrated respiratory and bio-motion sensor to measure and analyse sleep stages
- recording of the movements caused by the expansion and relaxation of the chest with breathing, and overall body movements such as position changes, arm twitches and shrugs
- delivery of sleep scores and sleep charts to a connected phone or tablet,
- personalised feedback and suggestions to help users improve their sleep.
- The Relax to Sleep function provides a choice of soothing sounds that synchronise with breathing patterns to help with the process of falling asleep at bedtime.
- The Mind Clear function allows users to record a voice message or type a text note to help clear their mind when trying to settle to sleep.
- the Smart Alarm function allows users to set a window of time for the S+ to naturally wake them when they are in light sleep, enabling them to wake feeling more refreshed.
Honestly, this device works. I’m falling asleep quicker at night and absolutely love (even a little addicted) checking out all my stats on the app. I know that my sleep has improved within 2 weeks and with that comes more energy in the day. The S+ by ResMed would make a fantastic gift for Mother’s Day, even for dad on Father’s Day or for a loved one on their birthday.
The S+ is available at the price of £129.95 from Amazon and John Lewis. For more information about S+ by ResMed , visit http://splus.resmed.com/ and follow @FixMySleep on Twitter for more information.